In order to encourage, achieve and maintain an atmosphere of high integrity, trust, competence and harmony among all colleagues, customers and suppliers, each Morning Star Colleague commits to the following:
1. Mission. Our Mission is to produce tomato products, which consistently achieve the product and service expectations of our customers in a cost effective, environmentally responsible manner. We will provide bulk-packaged products to food processors and customer-branded, finished products to the food service and retail trade.
2. Individual Goals and Teamwork. We hereby agree to commit ourselves to the pursuit of perfection with regard to our integrity, competence and individual responsibility. In recognition of each Colleague's personal goal of achieving happiness, each of us commits to pursue teamwork because Together Everyone Accomplishes More.
3. Personal Responsibility and Initiative. We agree to take full responsibility for our actions as well as those of fellow Colleagues and our overall Mission. We are personally responsible for our training, time commitments, performance and participating in and contributing toward achieving the Mission and practicing the Principles. We commit to manage ourselves, to be principally responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling functions with respect to our Mission. To personally take the initiative to coordinate our responsibilities and activities with other Colleagues, to develop opportunities for improvement and for making things happen. In coordinating with our fellow Colleagues, we commit to (a) communicate and consult with other parties who are likely to be meaningfully affected when initiating a change of any sort, (b) seek the input of others who we believe have additional and substantive expertise related to the proposal.
4. Tolerance. It is understood that individuals differ in many ways—their values, tastes, moods and methods to achieve goals. It is agreed that these types of differences between individual Colleagues, which do not directly affect our Mission, will be respected and tolerated.
5. Direct Communication and Gaining Agreement. Differences between human beings are a natural and necessary aspect of life, especially in the pursuit of excellence. Differences may vary from how to answer the phone, to what type of oil to use in a gearbox, to what equipment to purchase to improve operations, to whether one is following our Principles or advancing our Mission, to how a person combs their hair. To gain agreement and move forward, we agree to utilize the following process:
6. Caring and Sharing. To the degree Colleagues care about themselves, their friends and relatives, fellow Colleagues, suppliers, customers, the environment, the Mission, Principles and facilities, etc., each of us will come closer to achieving our personal goals. In caring for others, each colleague commits to (1) share relevant information with others, (2) take initiative to forward information that they believe may be helpful to another's activities, even if it is not asked for, and (3) responding to respectful inquiries made of them by other Colleagues in a respectful and responsive manner.
7. Doing What is Right. Live, speak and endeavor to find the truth.